What is a hushboard?
Is your school or office too noisy? Would you like a quieter working environment? Ask us about our cost effective hushboards – they’re magic!
A hushboard is very cost effective compared to lowering the ceiling of a venue or other building works, or installing loop systems that only work for some people. A hushboard will work for everyone – hearing, deafened, hard of hearing and deaf. They are acoustic panels, ranging from 1cm – 5cm thick, engineered to provide superior sound absorption with balanced acoustic design. The hushboard fulfils the criteria required for BB93 Noise Level Compliance.
Typical applications include meeting rooms, lecture theatres, auditoriums, schools, recording / broadcasting studios, gymnasiums, call centres and open plan office space.
The hushboard can be attached to walls, hung from ceilings, or used as standalone walls within a large room, absorbing the environmental noise around them. They can be cut into your required shape and a variety of colours are available, so they can blend into your room, acting as noticeboards or a decorative feature.
We tried these out at the BETT show which is in a huge hall, with over 30,000 people attending. The background noise is very high in this venue. If you have worn hearing aids or a cochlear implant in this kind of environment, you will know how incredibly noisy it is in a venue like this, and how difficult it is to pick out voices from the surrounding noise with your hearing device. The booth had hushboards installed on the walls, and we were able to much more easily converse with other people within that booth space, as the background noise was much reduced.
These panels will also help your captioner to hear more clearly in your meetings or lessons.
Benefits of acoustic treatments
- Increased concentration
- Effective communication
- Improved productivity
- Improved learning environment for schools
- Reduced background noise
Benefits of a hushboard
- Hushboard reduces noise reverberation (echo) by up to 40%
- Accept pins, staples, ‘hook & loop’ fixings to be used as display boards as well as noise reducers
- Recyclable and environmentally friendly
- Safe, non toxic and non irritant
- Complete installation service
- Flame retardant
- Design flexibility & custom colour printing
- Purchase as many or as few as you like
- Material: 100% polyester fibre (includes recycled fibres)
- Size: 600 x 600 mm, 10-12mm nominal thickness
- Acoustics: tested to Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 0.40
- Fire rating: EN 13501-1:2007. B – s1, d0. Flaming droplets/particles index (0-10) 0. Smoke production index (0-10) 1
- Light fastness: suitable for indoor use only. Facing fabric tested to 150105-Bo2-1994 (grey scale 1-5) rating 3.
- Non curl – stays flat on the wall
- Recyclable environment friendly
- Non-toxic and non-irritant
- Long-term stability – does not rot, break down or absorb moisture
- Easy to install and can be cut to shape
- Excellent thermal insulator
If you would like to find out more, contact us on email@example.com or 020 8012 8170 and ask for a free no-obligation acoustic site survey. We will visit your premises, take measurements, and detail where a hushboard can be installed. From this survey, we will provide a report detailing your current reverberation times and a recommendation on the level of absorption required to reduce the reverberation level. We will then offer a fully comprehensive end to end project management service to ensure your panels are installed correctly and delivering complete customer satisfaction.